Oct 9, 2017
Somebody quadrupled the business of one software company they
worked with. Then 12x’d the growth of another software company they
worked with. And did it with the help of leveraging over 200
partner webinars. So naturally, we had to get this incredibly
intelligent marketer on the show to reveal his strategies.
In this episode, the legendary Sid Bharath explains how he
strategically used partner webinars to get free traffic, build
relationships, and grow LemonStand and Thinkific to exponential
heights. Plus, plenty of actionable tips and growth strategies you
can implement in your webinar marketing to experience massive
- The difference in effectiveness between webinar swaps and big
boom launch promotions and how to decide which one is right for
- The webinar trick that turns cold traffic into super-hot
traffic (and keeps popping up in the show)
- Direct selling on partner webinars: yes or no?
- The most effective webinar content for attendees from internal
lists, partner webinars, and cold traffic
- Tips on nurturing relationships with influencers
- When it makes sense to outsource marketing tasks
- Marketing strategies Sid used to grow a software company with
an e-commerce platform
- Marketing strategies Sid used to grow an online course
- Why partner webinars are the most effective strategy for
- Where and how to find influencers
- How to contact industry influencers and get them to do a
- Your main focus during massive webinars with large audiences
should be this
[2:27] What makes Sid special:
-Lover of learning: Reads books, follows other marketers,
listens to podcasts, takes courses
-Is exposed to various companies by working with them
-Ties together core concepts behind successful people and comes
up with repeatable solutions to implement in other companies
[3:15] Sid's first full-time role as head of marketing
for LemonStand (software company with E-commerce
- His core strength was content but needed to produce quicker
- Used targeted ads to boost content and achieved instant
- Created e-book "50 Shades of
Growth" with 50 growth hacks for e-commerce platforms
- Got industry influencers to contribute to and promote the
- Promoted book launch with a contest to win discounts from
various software companies
- Did JV webinar swaps with other software companies
[6:34] The difference in effectiveness between
webinar swaps and big boom launch promotions
- When you're doing a big promotion or boost, you connect with
influencers and start relationships which can be converted into a
partnership webinar down the road.
- If you have the resources, do both and you'll get big spikes
and steady growth.
- If you don't, lean toward the partner webinars which provides
[8:30] "If you have a good list of
partners, influencers, or affiliates who are willing to push your
contest on launch day, then your contest will be successful.
Contests work on momentum."-SB
[9:12] For consistent growth,
strategy, and progress, partner webinars are more
[9:25] The great thing about partner webinars
is you're building relationships with some really
awesome people and that's the name of this game — the name of
[10:09] Head of marketing for
Thinkific (online course platform):
- Used ads while creating partnerships and content for long-term
- Worked well and hired a full-time employee to allow Sid to
focus on exploring other channels.
- Whatever worked was outsourced. Whatever didn’t was
- Focused on getting more traffic using ads and scrapped ads that
o Twitter ads didn't work
o Facebook Ads worked
- Discovered Convertkit consistently did partner
- Hired someone to contact influencers and software partners to
build relationships and book webinars
[12:47] What was your strategy
for contacting these influencers and how would you get them to
agree to a partner webinar?
- Started with people who were still building their
- “Even if they sent 10 people, I'd still do the webinar
because one day they may be big. But it was slowly building up our
base to which we could go to bigger influencers and work our way up
the ladder to get those bigger names."
- Continued to build relationships over time.
Pro tips in dealing with influencers:
- Start by giving value and helping them with their needs before
you ask for anything in return.
- As you give value, approach them about doing a webinar
- Keep nurturing relationship with influencers that say no.
[16:28] Where do you find all
"We expanded into the [influencers] that no one's heard
[19:11] For massive webinars where people
have already signed up for a free version of software, the focus is
on delivering pure value and motivating them.
[20:20] Sid aims for a 15% conversion
rate, 20% is great. Has reached 30%.
[20:49] Most effective and
impactful content inside the webinar itself:
- The content depends on the source of the attendees.
- If they're coming from an internal list,
they're already aware of the platform. Gear the content toward
helping them be successful on the platform.
- For partner webinars, focus on more basic
information about the product and how to use it.
- For cold traffic, help them get an instant
result during the webinar (Sid offers no free trials and still
converts at 10-15%)
[24:11] What's next for
Started own consulting business helping other companies with
their marketing. Hopes to eventually build his own software product
or e-commerce business using the same learnings from growing other
Connect with Sid:
Follow and watch a behind-the-scenes look at how I’m personally
launching a brand new 6 & 7 figure product from scratch at
Join our Facebook group at SoldWithWebinars.com/Experts